Join us for the Spring Conference!
Join mathematics faculty from throughout the Southwest for a virtual Spring 2021 ArizMATYC Conference themed Springing Back! This conference will be held on Friday, March 5, 2021 and will feature a keynote and a variety of breakout sessions to choose from as well as opportunities to connect with colleagues and vendors. Take a tour of the virtual space here!
Conference Schedule – Friday, March 5:
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. ATF Meeting
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Social Half-Hour
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Welcome & Keynote
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. Break
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Breakout Sessions, Round 1
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Networking & Vendors
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions, Round 2
- 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Break
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch & Campus Reports
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Break
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Breakout Sessions, Round 3
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:00 pm Networking & Vendors
- 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Business Meeting
The detailed schedule can be viewed here.
Nina Corson, Pima Community College’s Dean of Mathematics, has 20+ years of experience in higher education. Starting as an adjunct faculty member, she’s now held positions as full-time Faculty Member, Department Head, Campus based Dean, Division based Dean, Dean of Students and even took on a few stints as Acting Vice-President. Her interests lie in cross-discipline collaborations that support student success. She enjoys encouraging faculty to support each other and thus, she is a regular supporter of and participant in ArizMATYC. In January of 2020, Pima Community College was honored as a Bellwether Winner, largely due to new initiatives implemented in the mathematics department.
Nina’s presentation is titled “Moving Mathematics Education Forward, An Arizona Community College Administrator’s Perspective”.