This spring’s joint meeting will be held at Pima CC – Desert Vista in Tucson, AZ on April 6 & 7. This meeting combines the members of ArizMATYC and the Southwestern Section of the MAA for a two day event that includes a Friday night dinner and guest speaker.
Conference organizers welcome your proposal to speak and/or your offer to preside at a session. We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
A Pre-conference Workshop on Inquiry-Based Learning will be held prior to the ArizMATYC/MAA Spring 2018 Conference at Pima CC. The Pre-Conference Workshop will be 10 am – 4 pm on Thursday, April 5 at Desert Vista Campus. Cost: FREE but space limited to 35 attendees, so sign up soon!
Save the Date:
This conference will include two keynote speakers, a panel discussion, and active discussions all focused on questions such as:
- What do our students need to succeed in a 2017 world and beyond?
- What role could/should technology play in learning mathematics?
- How do we maintain a rigorous balance between conceptual understanding, procedural fluency, application/problem solving?
- What strategies are most effective for student success in the mathematics classroom?
- What mathematics should be taught and how should we teach it to meet the needs of our students and the academic/work culture they will face?
Plan to join your colleagues for active discussion about the teaching and learning of mathematics! Details about presenting, registration and accommodations will be posted soon.
The spring meeting of ArizMATYC will be at Mohave Community College in Lake Havasu City on Friday, March 31.
We are accepting conference proposals and conference registrations. To access the spring 2017 conference webpage, click on Next Meeting in the menu.